On April 29th 2015, Yourdrive was launched. We hosted a small function where we enjoyed some pizza and beers with a few of our original supporters, very first renters, and early adopting owners.
We’ve come a long way in three years, as has the whole movement. Peer to peer car sharing is no longer a concept for the future of transportation, it’s recognised internationally as a leading sustainable transport solution. Likewise, Yourdrive is no longer just an idea, it’s a real platform enabling travellers and locals to rent privately owned vehicles and vehicle owners to earn money from sharing their idle asset.
On our third birthday, we’ll be celebrating with beers and pizza (again), reflecting on all we’ve achieved and looking forward to the next three years.
In the last year, we've grown 400% and ...
- Enabled over 3000 travellers and locals to go on adventures and get stuff done. We now have vehicles available to rent all over New Zealand, from Paihia to Dunedin, and greater volume and variety of vehicles in high demand areas.
- Paid out over half a million dollars to kiwi vehicle owners, providing them with some extra cash for adventures of their own.
But, it’s not all about the numbers, it’s about building a great product and giving our users an excellent experience. We've come along way with this too, just look at yourdrive.co.nz when it first went live!
Some major product developments over the last year have been:
- In July we introduced an inbuilt messaging platform, facilitating better communication between owners and renters and leading to a more simple and personal experience.
- In August we underwent a complete rebrand, freshening up Yourdrive’s look to better represent our brand and maturity.
- In September we also integrated SMS alerts into the platform, helping increase our request acceptance rate, maximising earnings for owners and builds confidence in renters.
- In November we embedded incident reporting into the platform, making the disputes and claims process easier and quicker.
- In December we launched a map view of search results enabling renters to more easily find vehicles in convenient locations and increasing exposure for owner's vehicle listings.
- In April we released an improved review system, encouraging accountability and building trust in the platform.
We wouldn’t have been able to do a lot of this without investment from our partner, JUCY. JUCY’s strategic investment in Yourdrive at the end of 2016 accelerated our growth, enabling us to take our product and services to the next level.
We also wouldn’t be where we are today without our users, both owners and renters. Your trust in our team, belief in our values, and support of our business keep us going. Thanks so much for being involved in the Yourdrive journey thus far.
From here, things are only going to get bigger and better! We’ll continue to lead the development of the car sharing movement here in Aotearoa. You can expect to see continual improvements to the Yourdrive platform, making car sharing a more seamless experience for both owners and renters. You’ll also see the number of vehicles on the platform grow, meaning more choice and more locations for our renters and more money paid out to everyday kiwi vehicle owners.