YourDrive is One Year Old - What a Year!
One year ago we officially launched with a small function. We enjoyed some pizza and beer with a few friends and some of our very first customers. Together we celebrated bringing peer to peer vehicle sharing to New Zealand.
It is easy to forget how the business has developed and grown when we're dealing with day to day challenges. Our one year birthday seems like a great time to reflect on what we've achieved and let our customers and community in on some of our plans for the next year.
Here are some of our achievements from the last year
- We've rapidly grown our vehicle fleet and now have over 60 cars ready to rent today. This makes us the largest carshare provider in New Zealand.
- In only twelve months we've had over 1,500 people sign up to use our service.
- Through hundreds of successful rentals, we've paid out over $50,000 to New Zealand vehicle owners.
- We've enjoyed some amazing press on radio, in print, and also on TV.
- In October last year, we raised a small round of seed funding allowing us to accelerate growth.
- We've scaled up our team to five staff and we've been nominated for some awesome tech and innovation awards.
- We've constantly been improving our platform to ensure users get that best possible carsharing experience.
- Wellington City Council brought us on board in their carsharing trial and we're working closely with them to develop their car sharing policy.
So what's in store for the next 12 months?
We have only started to scratch the surface when it comes to car sharing in New Zealand. It's clear that sharing has a huge role to play in our transport future. We'll be rolling out a bunch of further improvements to make the service even better for all our users. The number of vehicles on the platform will continue to grow, meaning more choice and more locations for our users. It will also mean more money paid out to everyday Kiwis. Later this year we're also raising a full funding round which will help us further accelerate our plans.
We're really proud of how far YourDrive has come in the last twelve months and we’re really excited about what is in the works for the next twelve.
Thanks for being a part of the YourDrive community, we're glad you're along for the ride!