Your Drive Limited
Last updated 1st September 2016
Your Drive Limited (Yourdrive, we, our or us) operates the website youdrive.co.nz and the Yourdrive Service.
- What personal information we collect.
- When we collect personal information.
- How we use personal information.
- How we store personal information.
- How you can access and change your personal information.
- Whether we share or disclose personal information.
- How long we hold personal information.
- Information about cookies and how we use them.
- Who you can contact for further information.
- What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information:
- that is given to us by you or by someone we believe is authorised on your behalf;
- received from the New Zealand Transport Agency;
- received from other Registered Users through Feedback;
- gathered from Facebook, Google and other websites you link to your Registered User account;
- received from credit reporting agencies; and
- otherwise collected in accordance with the Yourdrive Terms (including but not limited to clause 4.1(b)(iii)).
This information may include your name, date of birth, address, contact number(s), email address(es), vehicle details, driving history, driver licence details and credit history.
- When do we collect personal information?
We may collect personal information about you at the following times:
- when you contact us for information about us or the Yourdrive Service;
- when you register as a Registered User or link a third party account;
- when you carry out a Rental, including submitting a Booking Request or accepting a Booking Request on yourdrive.co.nz;
- when another Registered User provides Feedback on you or your Registered Vehicle;
- when you request to receive communications or other information from us; or
- indirectly through your use of yourdrive.co.nz and the functionality offered through it.
- How do we use your personal information?
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to reply to your queries and provide information about us, yourdrive.co.nz and the Yourdrive Service;
- to process your request to become a Registered User;
- to assist in completing a Rental or other service offered through yourdrive.co.nz;
- to provide support in respect of the Yourdrive Service;
- to provide you with promotional offers and update you on new, services and benefits;
- to allow you to participate in contests and surveys;
- to contact you for market research regarding the Yourdrive Service and yourdrive.co.nz;
- to comply with relevant laws and regulations;
- for any specific purpose that we notify you of at the time your personal information is collected;
- for our administrative purposes.
Credit card information is used only for payment processing and fraud prevention. Credit card information is processed in an encrypted form. We will retain your credit card information for the payment of any additional fees, including infringement fees, as set out in the Yourdrive Terms.
- How do we store personal information?
We store personal information electronically using generally accepted standards of security. In some cases our third party contractors (e.g. server hosting companies) may store personal information on our behalf, however we will ensure that such contractors have in place appropriate standards of security.
- How you can access and change your personal information
You may access the personal information that we hold concerning you. If you wish to access, update or correct any of this personal information, please email your request to [email protected].
- Do we share or disclose your personal information?
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- in order for us to carry out any of the purposes referred to in section 3 above, including where the disclosure is in connection with any of these purposes;
- if you are applying for, an account as a Registered User, we may share details relating to your application and any subsequent dealings and/or payment defaults to credit reporting service providers and/or debt collection agencies;
- if we are requested to disclose your personal information in the course of a legal or other criminal investigation or proceeding;
- if the disclosure is to one of our third party contractors with whom we have in place appropriate arrangements preserving the confidentiality and security of the information (including, but not limited to, mail house, delivery personnel, courier companies or server hosting companies).
Except as provided above or as may be required by law, we will not share your personal information with any other third parties and will not sell, license or rent your personal information to third parties.
- For how long do we hold personal information?
We keep personal information for only as long as is necessary to achieve the purpose for which we collected it (unless we are required by law to hold the information for a longer period).
- What are cookies and do we use them?
You do not have to accept cookies and you can set up your browser to notify you when you receive cookies. This will give you the opportunity to decide whether or not to accept the cookies.
- Who can you contact for further information?